So yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Life basically took over and stirred up some trouble, but I’m getting myself back on track.
- Started the day with brain training with Lumosity (I have some work to do there :P)
- Finished reading Ch 5 of Beginning JS that covered JS objects. Longest. Chapter. Ever. But much needed.
- Struggled through some coding katas on Coding Wars. It’s been at least a year since I was on that site and I had no idea what they wanted me to do to complete the challenge. Once my brain fog cleared everything made sense. But I’m struggling through simple questions so I know I have some work to do there.
- Had some spaghetti for lunch and found a book to work from to practice coding syntax and layout. The book is Learn HTML5 by Creating Fun Games. Seems pretty interesting so far. 🙂
- Followed this with some yoga until I irritated my fibromyalgia to the point I couldn’t continue.
- I watched a TED Talk by Morgana Bailey and two presentations on site design and UI design by Andi Galpern
- Ended my day by starting to read about bandit algorithms for use in website optimization. Really interesting stuff but a very dense read.
And I did ALL this while washing just about every piece of clothing in the house! Cause I love waiting until I run out of clothes and have to wear my “I’m single and have nothing to do but I’m married anyway” outfit because it’s the only thing I have left in the house that’s clean to wear.
But I’m proud of myself. I completed a schedule to the best of my ability and made a decent amount of progress today.
Also have some goals set for tomorrow:
- Complete the Ch 5 exercises in Beginning JS and read an article on the JS is Sexy website where the learning path is posted
- Start the Data Structures learning path on Codecademy
- Complete at least one kata without aid on Code Wars (like I said, the struggle is real)
- Complete one example game in the HTML5 game book
And now that my brain is completely fried, I’m going to rest it by making some delicious food and finishing the wash. Maybe even watch some Netflix. Maybe. 🙂